When she walks, the revolution's coming

 We went to Napoli for a youth mobility Pride. To be fully honest I went because of Napolitan pizza. Obviously, the LGBTQ project about filmaking sounded good enough to back up my pizza cravings. As the mobility lets you travel few days before / after I took advantage and went alone to Italy before my group arrived. These few free days before the project served me well to meet old friends, people from previous projects, travel to nearby beaches, walk around Napoli alone and just have time for me in a city I do not know. I went to a local hairdresser, invited myself to dates (pizza dates), went to contemporary art museum openings etc etc. However, the Napoli is a crazy jungle, me being a woman alone most of the time felt threatening not only because of all the stories I have heard but also because of all the looks and unsolicited comments you get on the street from random men.

About the mobility itself I have not much to say - other than it has been the worst so far (and I have been to a lot in my life) in terms of organisation and content. But the youth seemed to enjoy it, so I guess the exchanges itself always create some impact bigger or smaller.


and thennnnn 10 volunteers came to Camprovin, Camprovin arte festival happened (the highlight event of the year in the town). Still need to reflect on all this as many many things happened.

As for my professional and artistic achievments, I directed a small piece of street performance with people with little or no experience in theatre, based on my favourite artwork here by Suso33.

 


 

 










And then I had a "village problem" with too much gossiping about me, basically slut shaming by a macho with whom I have no involvement whatsoever, so all the rage I transformed in another street performance, aka invisible theatre.A bit cathartic, but at least I have found a medium of how to deal with things that upset me or my dear ones in an artistic way. annnnd I filmed the mini documentary style videos for the Camprovin Arte festival. What most I loved about this is that instead of filming everything with the super fancy 4K camera and lenses I have, I chose to film everything with a handy-cam with resolution not higher than 720p. Love the look!



And basically July and August is about peaches. So this is me most of the time:






And some other fotos of my life thanks to Asia:



With my mini twin Iris



Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Cortina, fin.

Pollo para caldo: mis primeras dos semanas y mis primeras impresiones en Camprovin